|Year||Model||Generation||Vehicle||Quantity Per Vehicle|
|2001-2006||Montero||Gen3||3.5L V6, 3.8L V6||2|
We're big fans of these shocks, they're a huge upgrade over your original tired shocks or any of the economy big box store brands like Monroe and Gabriel. We rank these in the same tier as the Koni Heavy Tracks; a high quality do-it-all shock absorber at a fair price from a legacy brand.
- Monotube, Oil & High Pressure Nitrogen Gas Design
- 20% Firmer than OEM shocks
- 50mm OD tube - increased oil volume ensures cooler temperatures over OEM shocks
- 2 position spring perch (adjustable off vehicle)
- Made In Germany
- Lifetime Warranty
Lovells Springs pair excellently with Bilstein 4600 shock absorbers and are by far the most popular choice among Australian Gen3 Owners.
Not only do the Bilsteins perform great and have a lifetime warranty, the front shocks come with two coil spring perch options that allow you to adjust the height of the springs, and thus the amount of lift they provide, to further suit your particular vehicle's needs. The shocks come pre-assembled from the Bilstein factory in Germany set to the lower spring perch level which is perfect if you have the correct springs for the weight of your Montero. But if your vehicle is heavier than the spring's max constant load spec and is experiencing some spring sag, and you are not wanting to invest in new heavier duty springs or are in between two spring duty specs, then simply moving up to the higher spring perch will gain an additional 20mm (.0.75") of lift. However, please note that this will increase the preload on the spring and likely result in a firmer ride.
These Bilstein 4600s come with their own, already installed, shock damper. As such, when rebuilding your front struts, you do not use the original shock damper (OEM Part # MR448172).
- Forum Post 1
- Video - "How to fit a Pajero / Montero suspension lift kit"
- Video - "2" Lift Kit / QUICKEST and EASIEST way / Pajero / Shogun / Montero /Mitsubishi
- Video - "Gen3 Rear Lift reminder."
- Video - "How to Install a Lift Kit on a Gen 3 Montero"
- Video - "KONI Heavy Track Front Strut Assembly for Gen3 2001-2006 Mitsubishi Montero / Pajero / Shogun"