PREORDER SPECIAL - ETA APRIL-MAY 2022
Possible Fitment Applications - Please verify model using the TRE Catalog
|Year||Model||Generation||Engine||Quantity Per Vehicle|
|1992-1997||Montero||Gen 2||3.0L V6, 3.5L V6||1|
|1983-1991||Montero||Gen1||2.6L I4, 3.0L V6||1|
Location: Front Diff
Air Locker requires an air compressor, add the TRE High Output Onboard 12V Air Compressor to your air locker order for just $99, a savings of $150 compared to purchasing separately.
Enhance the traction of your 4x4 in just about any terrain- rock, clay, gravel, sand, snow, and mud. With this on demand air locker, a simple flip of a switch will mechanically lock the axle providing maximum traction when needed, and maneuverability when not. With the forged differential case and chromoly gears, high quality components, and a solid 5 year warranty; TRE provides a reliable option for those wanting the most out of their off-roading adventures.
The TRE Air Locker features the TRE X-Ring in the seal housing assembly. The X-Ring is designed with four lobes provides twice the sealing surface than a standard O-Ring. Because of the double-sealing action, less pressure is required to maintain an effective seal. This reduction in pressure results in less friction and wear, increasing lifespan and reliability.
The TRE Wave Spring makes locking and unlocking more stable and reliable because the wave spring fits tight radial and axial spaces better. Additionally, the Wave Spring reduces the spring height by 50% compared to ordinary coil springs so there is no need to drill the spring holes deep into the clutch gear, thus increasing the stength of the clutch gear.
- Provides 100% traction on demand without affecting on road drivability or driveline wear
- Vastly improved traction means less reliance on momentum, which reduces the likelihood of vehicle damage and environmental impact
- Easy, convenient operation allows the user to concentrate on the terrain without leaving the comfort and safety of the driver’s seat
- Ultra durable and extremely strong - only the highest quality materials used in construction.
- Incredibly simple yet effective design that employs minimal moving parts, thereby ensuring maximum reliability
- Thoroughly tested and proven design – we know of many Monteros in the USA who have been using TRE lockers for years and we have yet to hear of a single failure.
- Can be used in any transfer case setting - 4WD, AWD, 2WD.
Full Details: https://www.tre4x4.com/download/warranty.html